Schneider Electric’s innovative building management, power management systems and small building control products provide a strong foundation for intelligent buildings, which inspire occupant productivity and deliver optimal energy and operational efficiency.
- 42% of the world’s energy is used in buildings
- 50% of energy used in buildings is wasted because of inefficient building management systems
- In developed economies, at least half of the buildings expected to be in use in 2050 have already been built
- Only 25% of building costs are associated with capital expenses, while 75% of costs are used to operate a building over its life cycle
- Only 20% of facility managers use 80% of the available capabilities in their building management systems
- 30% of energy used in buildings is waste
‘Green building incorporates design, construction and operational practices that significantly reduce or eliminate the negative impact of development on the environment and people. Green buildings are energy efficient, resource efficient and environmentally responsible’ – Green Building Council South Africa.
Smart building systems enhance people’s safety and comfort, use energy more efficiently, and improve reliability, business performance and operational efficiency.
Kindly see attached image and detailed press release on Schneider Electric’s intelligent building operations.
Please note that the Schneider Electric contact person for this release is Prisca Mashanda, Marketing and Communications Manager. You can contact her on 011-254-6400 or firstname.lastname@example.org
About Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries.
With global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider is the undisputable leader in Power Management – Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Secure Power, and in Automation Systems. We provide integrated efficiency solutions, combining energy, automation and software.
In our global Ecosystem, we collaborate with the largest Partner, Integrator and Developer Community on our Open Platform to deliver real-time control and operational efficiency.
We believe that great people and partners make Schneider a great company and that our commitment to Innovation, Diversity and Sustainability ensures that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
For more information, go to www.schneider-electric.co.za