Sun International established the Sun International Community Development Trust to fund the implementation of the group’s corporate social investment strategy,
which remains focused on expenditure in the areas of education, health, welfare and cultural activities.
The Sun International Bursary Programme administered by Studietrust grants bursaries to students in areas of studies relevant to the hospitality and leisure industry:
• Food & Beverage Studies
• Hospitality Studies (at all levels and in all areas of specilization)
• Hotel Management
• Human Resources Management
• Sport and Recreation Studies
• Marketing and Sales
• Information Technology
• Management Studies
• Finance (Accounting)
• Electrical Engineering (light current at TVET level)
• Plumbing (TVET level)
Who may apply:
South African citizens interested in studies at South African Universities, Universities of Technology and TVET Colleges for degree, diploma and certificate programmes in the above fields of study.
Preference is given to:
- Current Grade 12 learners
- Matriculated applicants waiting for a study opportunity
- Full-time students in their first year studying towards qualifications in the fields specified above
- Female applicants from previously disadvantaged communities
- Applicants who live in close proximity of Sun International Hotels and Resorts.
Bursary type: partial
Main selection criteria: Academic merit and financial need.
For more information on how to apply read here.
ATNS : Bursary Opportunities 2016
ATNS SOC Limited is proud to provide bursaries for motivated and interested candidates to train to become Air Traffic Control Officers (ATCO’s). An ATCO is an important member of the team who ensures the safe, orderly and expeditious travel by air of millions of passengers per annum by ensuring that aircraft are separated from one another and ensuring an organised flow of air traffic.
ATNS SOC Limited is the sole provider of air traffic and navigation services in South Africa and provides all of the training for career opportunities in air traffic control and related services at our Aviation Training Academy (ATA) in Bonaero Park. ATO Approval Number 0011/Scope: Air Traffic Services.
- Minimum age of 18
- Grade 12 with Maths and English (HG D or SG C or level 4 upwards).
- South African Citizen
- Medically fit
The bursary programme facilitates an opportunity to undergo the required studies and to obtain the relevant exposure in order to qualify as an ATCO. The ATCO Trainee programme consists of 3 phases, namely the Bursary Scheme (bursary contract), the ATC Learnership (under fixed term contract) and ATC aerodrome course and validation phase (under fixed term contract). The study bursary provides each bursar with an opportunity to conduct their studies at the ATA.
For more information on how to apply read here
ABSA Bursary programme
As a leader in our industry, we are keen to ensure that talented, top-performing students get every opportunity to enter the world of business. And we know that, for many, a fulfilling and rewarding career may feel out of reach. It’s a goal that can be achieved only with a solid education to build upon. This is why we offer bursaries.
A bursary programme could make all the difference to your future success. It provides financial support to full-time students enabling them to complete their education and, potentially, pursue a career with us upon qualifying. In recent years, we have sponsored hundreds of ambitious students. You could be next.
What does this bursary include?
The bursary includes full tuition fees and will be paid out according to the annual bursary award and the individual’s needs. You will be assessed every year and if your performance is satisfactory, Absa will continue to sponsor you.
This bursary programme helps Absa employ top talent and it also offers financial support to fulltime students studying towards one of the following qualifications:
Bachelor or postgraduate degree in:
- Data science
- Actuarial sciences
- Risk or investment management
- Business mathematics and informatics (BMI)
- Engineering (industrial, financial or process).
- Other relevant mathematical sciences
Qualifying criteria for postgraduate and undergraduate university students:
- Applicants must be studying full-time for the 2016 academic year at an accredited South African university.
- Applicants must not have a criminal record.
- Undergraduate students must have achieved a minimum average of 70% in the first semester for the 2015 academic year.
- They should also be studying to complete a Bachelor’s degree.
Qualifying criteria for 2015 matriculants:
- Applicants must have achieved a minimum average of 80% for the June 2015 examinations.
- Applicants must be registered to study full-time for the 2016 academic year at an accredited South African university.
- Applicants must not have a criminal record.
Find out how to apply here.
Attend the Youth and the Green Economy event in June
Follow Alive2Green on Social Media