Green Home Magazine
About Green Home Magazine
Green Home Magazine has been relaunched!
The all new look and feel is fresh and sophisticated, reinforcing what we at Green Home believe to be true of living a greener lifestyle. Crisp clean design, powerful imagery, and the highest levels of editorial, we hope, will get our readers as excited about all things green as we are, as we continue to tell the stories of earth friendly homes and décor, inspirational people, cutting edge technologies, and the simple joys of sun-on-your-face, wind-in-your-hair, hands-in-the-soil good living.
We continue to strive to provide our readers with market intelligence, keeping them informed and thus discerning, showcasing the vast benefits to the home, body, soul and the wallet when every choice first considers people and the environment!
- Innovations – trends, gadgets, design.
- Talking garbage–recycling column updating readers on news trends, drop off spots and all things relating to reducing, re-using and recycling waste.
- Products page– editorial showcase of unique products that are kind to the earth, take into account their supply chains and offer a consumer the ultimate choice in something better all round.
- Conscious Comfort Food– consumer information about food labelling and delicious seasonal recipes.
- Home feature– showcasing architectural innovation and green building principals.
- Transport – showcasing innovations in fuel technology, electric scooters, bicycling and other ways of staying mobile.
- Gardening– planting guidelines and the how to and why to grow your own produce.
- Travel- Destinations –Event updates.
- Books and DVD reviews.
- Youth and the Green Economy–regular youth focused editorial about what’s cool in trends and careers.
Green Home asks the following Questions on behalf of our readers:
- What impact am I having? Do the positives outweigh the negatives?
- What does it mean to live a greener lifestyle?
- How do I set about building a green home?
- What is sustainable design?
- What are the financial implications of going green?
- How can I save on my utility bills?
- What vehicle should I be driving?
- How can I eat better and more sustainably?
- Is there such a thing as eco- friendly clothing in SA?
- How can I be a greener tourist
Green Home’s task and role is to aim to provide the answers to these and many other questions, knowing that the answers are often conflicting. We hope Green Home Magazine will be a useful tool to assist you as you seek advice on greening your home and lifestyle.