FNB offers talented candidates who have the potential but not the finances to achieve their dreams by offering study bursaries to qualifying candidates. FNB strives to aid in building a better future for all by providing opportunities for financially needy and talented candidates to become a significant part of the countries workforce.
FNB bursaries make available a specified amount each year for bursaries to aid in covering tuition, books and accommodation fees for students in each of their study fields.
First National Bank Bursaries Available
The following fields of study are available for commerce students:
- Economic & Management Science
- Financial Management
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
- Information Systems
- Actuarial Science
- Investment Management
- Organizational Psychology
- Quantitative Finance
FNB also has bursaries for Science and Engineering as well as Business Administration and a number of other opportunities through their partners.
First National Bank Bursaries Requirements
To qualify for a bursary, candidates will be required to have and produce the following documentation:
- Students applying must be a South African citizen with a valid ID Book or ID Card.
- Students must supply a certified copy of their June exam results if still in Matric.
- Students who have completed their Matric must provide a certified copy of their final results.
- Students must have at least 60% in English, Physical Science and Mathematics.
- Students who are currently studying at a Tertiary Institute can also apply and must supply their academic records up to date.
- Students need to also provide 2 testimonials with their application. One must be from a community leader such as a Spiritual Leader or Local Civic Leader and the other must be from an Educational Official such as a Lecturer or Principal.
- Students have to also provide proof on income for both their parents and/or guardians.
- Students must also attach to their application an essay of their life that has been personally written by them and a letter of recommendation from a parent or friend.
Additionally the following will also have an impact on the selection process for candidates applying:
- Students must exhibit great academic promise.
- Students will not be excluded from the selection due to gender, age, race or even disability.
- Students who have passed their Matric more than two years prior to the application will not be considered.
- Preference will be given to students from a disadvantaged background and rural areas.
- Preference will also be given to female applicants.
- Bursaries will only be awarded to students who will be studying full time.
- Preference will also be given to students with disabilities.
Consideration will also be given to students registered as undergraduates but will not include Honors in Accounting unless accompanied by additional courses for Chartered Accountant Qualification.
First National Bank Opportunities
FNB also has many other opportunities for school students and graduates. FNB is also involved in Early Childhood Development programs, Hospice as well as Community care projects. FNB aims to not only develop young great minds to become assets for their families, communities and the country but also to make South Africa a safer place to live.
Their CA Training program offers not only training but also exposure and hands on experience within the business world to selected candidates. Candidates will learn about management decisions and control; they will gain leadership skills, professional skills as well as business ethics in addition to great personal attributes. Candidates interested must be in their final year of studying BCom. Acc. (Honors)/CTA Degree or have just finished this field of study.
For more information regarding this opportunity contact email@example.com or call 011 282 1753, additionally send a letter to:
CA Training Program Manager
First Rand Bank
P.O. Box 650149
First National Bank Bursaries Application
FNB has partnered with bursary service providers and bursaries online applications can be done via these companies listed on their web site, for more detail visit the FNBwebsite.
You will find there are seven listed companies through which to apply for a bursary from FNB. Candidates can also contact the FirstRand Foundation for additional information by post or email via the following addresses.
Private Bag X125
P.O. Box 1153
FNB Bursaries Closing Date
Closing date for applications yearly is the end of September. FNB receives so many applications each year therefore they cannot acknowledge receipt for each candidate. They do their selection from September to December each year and successful candidates will be notified of their acceptance by the end of December.
Please ensure application is filled in completely and all documents certified and attached.