Sustainable Energy Seminar
The fields of ENERGY EFFICIENCY AND RENEWABLE ENERGY are converging fast through onsite energy solutions and new clean energy grid offerings. The REIPPP project is underway with billions being invested, transforming SA into a renewable energy leader, but ‘wheeling’ – the process of adding electricity to the grid in one place and taking it out at another, could open the flood gates! As producers gain direct access to end users by wheeling their clean energy through the Eskom grid, the market begins to open up, allowing market forces to push efficiencies up and prices down.
The holy grail for end users remains grid autonomy however, and we bring through key experts and project implementers to discuss strategies to achieve this through efficiency and on site generation. Add in the possibilities opening up for gas generation, both at the utility and on site scale and the prospect of reducing national GHG emissions is beginning to look highly possible, if not probable.
The Seminar presents the achievable zero carbon scenario that is coming into focus for SA energy consumers: maximum efficiency and on site generation combined with clean energy wheeled through the grid.
Don’t miss this seminal event…
- Session 1: Renewable Energy Generation potential vs the REIPPP
- Session 2: Wheeling – could this approach pave the way for a far greater number of RE projects?
- Session 3: Storage/Batteries
- Session 4: Alternative energy sources in SA
- Session 5: Greater energy independence through a combination of EE and RE
- Session 6: Industrial Energy Efficiency
- Session 7: Tackling Energy Poverty in new and existing human settlements
- Session 8: Sustainable Energy at the City Scale
Each session is structured as a facilitated expert panel, with each speaker presenting for 20 minutes followed by a Q&A and panel discussion with input from the floor.
Read more about the Sustainable Energy Seminar speakers here
Delegate Prices per day (All Plus Vat)