Encouraging Youth Development: Higher-Education Bursaries in South Africa
A list of bursaries for South African students.
Thuthuka Bursaries 2016
Closing Date: 30 April 2015
Thuthuka is offering a bursary to candidates with the following minimum requirements:
To apply you must be African or Coloured, who have obtained at least 60% on Mathematics (5 or above on the NSC Scale of Achievement) NOT MATHS LITERACY
* The learner must be in Grade 12 intending on studying BComm Accounting
* The learner must be financially needy and will be assessed using the NSFAS MEANS TEST to confirm financial need.
The application must have met the above criteria:
The learner must have applied or be in the process of applying to one of the following tertiary institutions:
- University of Johannesburg
- University of Cape Town (Bachelor of Commerce code CB011)
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
- Stellenbosch University
- University of Pretoria
- University of Orange Free State
- University of Witwatersrand (WITS)
- North West University – Mafikeng
Once the learner has met the above criteria they will be called in for testing. Depending on the test results then the learner may be called in for an interview. Once the learner has met all the above requirements and gone through the relevant test and interview only then will the bursary be provisionally awarded to the learner pending the final Grade 12 results.
Send your application form to:
Thuthuka Bursary Fund
P.O. Box 59875
pwc Chartered Accountant (CA) Bursaries 2016
PWC is offering a ( CA ) Chartered accountant bursaries to high-performing, talented individuals. You will be required to serve a three year (minimum) training contract with the firm on completion of their post-graduate studies.
How to apply?
* applications are online. You are only allowed to apply on their career website
* You will have to register first which might take you a minimum of 10 to 15 minutes if you have all required information
Nxuba Municipality Bursary 2015: Engineering and Town Planning
CLOSING DATE : 27 February 2015
Nxuba Municipality is offering Engineering and Town Planning bursary to candidates who resides in the jurisdiction of Nxuba Local Municipality. A confirmation letter from the Ward Councillor is required.
Applicants must have obtained the minimum requirements for the relevant degree in one of the above mentioned fields.
The total income of both parents/guardians must not exceed R10 000,00 per month. Final Matric results must be attached to applications.
Bursary application forms will be available at the Reception Offices of Nxuba Municipality at Market Square
046-685 0076 or
Contact persons : Mr Andile Nqini and Ms Zuko Mankazana
Source: Tshwane Line